- Small Biz
1. You can add content such as text or images to a Gallery Card, much in the same way you add Components to other Cards.
Note that some Components ("Textbox") are bound to the Card, while other Components ("Image" and "Headline") are bound directly to Gallery items. The difference is as follows:
- A Component bound to a Card (FIXED) always appears on the Card, regardless of the individual Gallery item the user is browsing. This has the effect of being a permanent overlay.
- A Component bound to a Gallery item (SCROLLING) only appears when the user has vertically scrolled to that specific Gallery item.
Using the combination of these two binding types can lead to interesting Card presentations.
2. To add a Component to a Gallery Card, start by clicking "Add Component" above the Component toolbar.
This action brings up the "Add Component" dialog:
3. Next, select the type of Component you want to add. You can choose from:
- Button: A visual representation of a button
- Location: a Component that opens up a Google Maps presentation of an address (such as a store or landmark)
- YouTube: a YouTube video
- Document: a Component that lets users view and download a PDF file
- Hyperlink: a hotspot that, when clicked, opens a specified Web page in a new browser tab
- Image: an image asset
- TextBox: styled text
4. Select the binding behavior in the toggle at the bottom of the "Add Component" dialog.
- Selecting "SCROLLING" will create a separate new Component for each Gallery item in the Card.
- Selecting "FIXED" will create one single Component, which always appears on the Card at all times.
5. Click "Add Component" and it will appear in the Components List.